Monday, March 24, 2008

Ceramics: Macro structures


I am starting a new project in my hand-building class. My ceramics work this year has been very direct and process-based. I am still struggling to find one cohesive form and idea for this project. I wanted to use tools to create a visual day by day account of my work in varying tooling methods and processes. After sketching, brainstorming and changing my mind several times I think I am going to explore macro and micro building blocks/structures. I wanted to create a carefully balanced piece that has been tooled to the point of almost collapse, the trick is not to let it collapse as most of my work has this semester. I constantly find myself reworking my pieces last minute, despite weeks of hard work. Right now I am looking at ruins and other man made structures to inform the macro half of the piece. 

No comments: