Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Room to explore

Being in such a remote area here at Alfred has given me the opportunity to explore a vast environment. There are endless woods and wildlife. I am still scared of hitting a deer with my car whenever I drive around Alfred. I have been able to explore trails, old abandoned houses and broken cars covered in brush. The space and vacancy here is so different from my experience growing up in Cambridge, which is filled with people and businesses constantly moving and being replaced.  

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Zoe,
I really enjoy the tactile quality of your photographs. The pipe photograph has such depth for being a shallow space image.

Is this type of "seeing" the focus of your work? Can you create some kind of a visual bridge between the kinetic lifestyle in Cambridge and the stillness and solitude here in Alfred?

Keep up the great work.